Time & Location
About the Event
The use of carbines in modern life has become common place. From competition, home/personal defense and even in the hunting community. However, the platform is still very foreign even to those who own them. Our main focus with this course is to dispel myths and rumors, and to get individuals more comfortable with their carbine. We focus, in great detail, on the employment of the carbine as an individual tool. Problems occur at the most inopportune time, so we focus on how to solve these problems in a controlled environment using the simplest methods available to us.
• Fundamentals of Firearm Safety
• Developing the proper performance driven mindset
• Fundamentals of Performance Shooting Skills
• Science of body mechanics in regards to firearm shooting
• Effective Zero of Iron Sights and Optics
• Optic selection and positioning
• Hold Over and Offset
• Efficient methods of loading and reloading the firearm
• Unconventional shooting positions
• Malfunction causes and correction
• Basics of moving and shooting
• Multiple target accusations and engagements
• Intuitive shooting
Students attending Primary Carbine will be required to provide the following
• 450 rounds minimum of carbine ammunition
• Eye and ear protection (electronic preferred)
• 4-6 working mags for double stacked carbines 7-12 for single stacks
• A way to carry mags on your body, pockets are acceptable
• Sunscreen, Rain Gear, Bug Spray, Food, Water
• Note pad and pen/pencil
• Baseball type hat
• Proper belt to support gear including mag pouches
• A working sling
• Tools specific to work upon your gear
• Knee/elbow pads and gloves (optional)
• An Open Mind
• Folding Chair (optional)
Class cost is $150. Students must purchase tickets prior to course. No walk ons. Refunds issued only in the event of cancellation. Tuition can be moved to another course up until 3 week prior to registered course.
Students must bring $20 the day of class to pay for Range Fee.
Space is limited.