Primary Handgun is our core Handgun class offering that we build out from. Over the course of our entire curriculum we refer back the fundamental learning in this course. The student that attends this course has some basic knowledge of shooting and how their handgun works but is looking for guidance on manipulation of their handgun at a higher level of responsibility as a CPL holder or even just a self-aware firearm owner.
This Class is perfect for the novice to the well grizzled veteran shooters as we work to build the proper performance mindset of the students as well as build a strong core foundation of the fundamentals of Hand Gun Accuracy, By the end of this course students will be able to perform at a higher level of execution of the skills sets we help develop.
· Fundamentals of Firearm Safety
· Developing the proper performance driven mindset
· Fundamentals of Reactive Shooting Skills
· Science of body mechanics in regards to firearm shooting
· Introduction to basic bio-mechanically efficient draw mechanics
· Efficient methods of loading and reloading the firearm
· Unconventional shooting positions
· Malfunction causes and correction
· Basics of moving and shooting
· Multiple target accusations and engagements
· Intuitive shooting
Students attending Primary Handgun 01 will be required to provide the following
· 450 rounds minimum of pistol ammunition
· Holster (no cross draw, or shoulder rigs)
· Eye and ear protection (electronic preferred)
· Quality functional pistol. A back up Pistol is highly recommended (No 22LR)
· 3-5 working mags for double stacked pistols or 5-10 for single stacks
· A way to carry mags on your body, pockets are acceptable
· Sunscreen, Rain Gear, Bug Spray, Food, Water
· Note pad and pen/pencil
· Baseball type hat
· Proper belt to support pistol and mag pouches
· Tools specific to work upon your gear
· Knee/elbow pads and gloves (optional)
· An Open Mind
· Folding Chair (optional)
A valid Michigan CPL or letter of good standing from local Law Enforcement Agency is required to attend this training.
Class cost is $150 and is non-refundable. Space is limited.