Everyone wants to shoot fast and be accurate. With Performance Handgun students will take a long hard look at the core fundamentals of shooting with a handgun. We will work with students using individual skill based instruction and drills that will not only raise the students skill level but also allow them to self-diagnose deficiencies within their own shooting.
This offering requires students to have a good understanding of the core Handgun Manipulation as these skills will not be taught during this class.
· Fundamentals of Firearm Safety
· Developing the proper performance driven mindset
· Fundamentals of Reactive Shooting Skills
· Science of body mechanics in regards to firearm shooting
· In depth breakdown of Fundamentals
· Training under the stress of the clock
· Multiple target accusations, sight tracking and combat follow through
Students attending Performance Handgun will be required to provide the following
· A certificate of completion from DMI Performance’s Everyday Handgun 01, Primary Handgun 01 or an acceptable alternative approved by the DMI Performance team.
· 600 rounds minimum of pistol ammunition
· Holster (no cross draw, or shoulder rigs)
· Eye and ear protection (electronic preferred)
· Quality functional pistol. A back up Pistol is highly recommended (No 22LR)
· 5 working mags for double stacked pistols or 10 for single stacks
· A way to carry mags on your body, pockets are acceptable
· Sunscreen, Rain Gear, Bug Spray, Food, Water
· Note pad and pen/pencil
· Baseball type hat
· Proper belt to support pistol and mag pouches
· Tools specific to work upon your gear
· Knee/elbow pads and gloves (optional)
· An Open Mind
· Folding Chair (optional)
· A valid Michigan CPL or letter of good standing from local Law Enforcement Agency
Class cost is $175 and requires a non-refundable $100 deposit to guarantee your slot in the class. Space is limited.