Everyday Handgun 01
You have a Concealed Pistol License or have taken a Handgun 1 course and are looking for practical applications to help you in the day to day carry of a firearm or in the self-defense of your home. This class is just what you are looking for.
As a CPL holder you carry your firearm concealed from prying eyes yet can never seem to get in the proper work to be successful in a gun fight at your local range or club. DMI Training Instructors will guide you through the steps you need to set you up for success.
Life is hard and is even harder when you are not prepared. Class is beneficial for all levels of experience.
· Fundamentals of Firearm Safety
· Developing the proper performance driven mindset
· Fundamentals of Reactive Shooting Skills
· Science of body mechanics in regards to firearm shooting
· In depth look into the bio-mechanically efficient draw mechanics
· Efficient methods of loading and reloading the firearm
· Different methods of concealed carry and clearing the firearm
· Malfunction causes and correction
· Presenting the handgun from various facings and off line of attack
· Multiple target accusations and engagements
Students attending Everyday Handgun 01 will be required to provide the following
· 450 rounds minimum of pistol ammunition
· Holster (no cross draw, or shoulder rigs)
· Eye and ear protection (electronic preferred)
· Quality functional pistol. A back up Pistol is highly recommended (No 22LR)
· 3-5 working mags for double stacked pistols or 5-10 for single stacks
· A way to carry mags on your body, pockets are acceptable
· Sunscreen, Rain Gear, Bug Spray, Food, Water
· Note pad and pen/pencil
· Baseball type hat
· Proper belt to support pistol and mag pouches
· Tools specific to work upon your gear
· Knee/elbow pads and gloves (optional)
· An Open Mind
· Folding Chair (optional)
· A valid Michigan CPL or letter of good standing from local Law Enforcement Agency
Class cost is $175 and requires a non-refundable $100 deposit to guarantee your slot in the class. Space is limited.